Episode #138 Build Your Confidence
We may not be able to accomplish everything we set our minds to do, but who is to say we can’t live as if we will? This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Three Words producer Logan Brown challenge us to believe in ourselves and to say “Yes!” to all that life has to offer.
There is absolutely no difference between faking being confident and actually being confident.Logan Brown
- We will never grow in confidence if we are unwilling to face our fears.
- Insecurity is not restricted to childhood, but it is unfortunately common among individuals in every stage of life.
- We often treat failure as if it were deadly even though it is far more likely to be merely disappointing.
- Confidence is not a personality trait but a choice we make.
- Confidence is not the prerequisite to doing difficult things but is instead its result.
- Confidence is not the opposite of humility but of timidity.
- Courage to take risks
- Optimistic about a brighter tomorrow
- Negative thoughts removed
- Faith in a greater purpose
- Identity separated from performance or accomplishment
- Doing the work
- Expressing enthusiasm
- Negative thoughts replaced
- Tenacious refusal to ever give up
- If an opportunity to do something you really want to do crosses your path, say Yes even if you don’t quite feel ready.
- Identify a positive choice that really freaks you out, and then commit to doing it anyway.
- Reframe the challenges in your life as Win-Learn rather than Win-Lose.
In This Episode
Push Your Limits
We are capable of so much more than we could ever imagine, and our limits are much further away than we think. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and online health coach Ricky May share their thoughts on hard work and the effort required to achieve our full potential.
Honor Your Commitments
Each and every one of us have made a promise that we couldn't keep. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Dan Costello offer their insights on how to do what we say we will do and how to honorably call it quits.
Build Your Life
In order to become the best versions of ourselves, we must construct a solid foundation and then actually do the work. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Hammr CEO Brek Goin outline the many tools required to live a life of purpose and meaning.