It takes a really long time for a bamboo tree to grow and seed and become this amazing plant. But all of those days leading up to the moment when it sprouts aren’t wasted. It’s just preparing its foundation.Brek Goin
- When we are paralyzed by the fear of failure, we actually increase our risk of failing.
- If we only commit 50% of our effort to pursuing a passion, we reduce our likelihood of success by at least that same margin.
- A broken window that we can see is not nearly so detrimental as a crack in the foundation that we cannot see.
- Those who stop learning after graduation stop growing after graduation.
- We often wonder why we are not moving in the direction we desire while simultaneously sitting in a parked car.
- Sometimes leaving our comfort zone involves leaving our hometown.
- The greater our vision in life, the greater our foundation must be.
- Our fears become a lot less scary when we take the steps necessary to prepare ourselves to face them.
- Creativity in the personal dimension of life is just as important as creativity in the professional dimension of life.
- Leadership requires us to take initiative rather than asking for permission or waiting for an assignment.
The B.U.I.L.D. Paradigm
- Accomplish your most important task at the beginning of each day.
- When you feel overwhelmed by challenges in your life, remind yourself, “This is going to make a really good story.”
- Establish the practice of reading one book every month that is devoted to personal or professional growth.
Live With Intention
Life is far too short to live on accident. This week, corporate executive Dan Costello shares his insights about Dr. Michael Brown’s favorite word.
Push Your Limits
We are capable of so much more than we could ever imagine, and our limits are much further away than we think. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and online health coach Ricky May share their thoughts on hard work and the effort required to achieve our full potential.