Without my degree, there would be no DMB Coaching. There would be MB. And there probably wouldn’t be Coaching, because who is going to listen to me?Dr. Michael Brown
- Most of us quit most of what we start.
- We often convince ourselves that “this isn’t for me” simply because it is difficult.
- If we choose the easy way now, we are often choosing the hard way later.
- Employers often care more about the piece of paper itself and less about the actual letters on the paper.
- When it comes to the intellectual and professional dimensions of life, persistence is more important than intelligence.
- The more difficult the race, the more accomplished we will feel at the finish line.
- It is never too late to finish something that we’ve started.
- There is nothing more energizing than endurance.
- When you feel tempted to call it quits, remember why you started in the first place.
- If you are in the middle of an academic program, keep pressing forward.
- If you have previously given up on an academic program, consider registering to complete those final few classes.
Never Give Up
Sometimes the only way to get to the finish line is to simply decide to keep going. Kathy Wilhelm joins Dr. Michael Brown as they share stories about holding on to people, passions, and goals when obstacles arise.
Break The Rules
Sometimes living an extraordinary life requires us to make choices that aren’t quite normal. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and saxophonist Mike Williams discuss creativity, career changes, and walking the line between faith and wisdom.
Honor Your Commitments
Each and every one of us have made a promise that we couldn't keep. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Dan Costello offer their insights on how to do what we say we will do and how to honorably call it quits.