I knew that I was either going to do a bunch of drugs, jump off a bridge, or channel all of this craziness into something healthy. So I ran a marathon.Ricky May
- Everything we want in life is on the other side of hard.
- It is easy to do easy things and hard to do hard things.
- We will inevitably slip into mediocrity unless we remain alert and intentional.
- If we are going to be anxious even while we coast, we might as well be anxious while we push our limits.
- Anxiety decreases as energy, enthusiasm, and initiative increase.
- The accomplishment of one difficult and daunting task often inspires and motivates us for the next time around.
- The achievement of any goal requires both intentionality to start and tenacity to see it through to the end.
- Sometimes pushing our limits requires us first to create boundaries.
- We can intentionally push our limits not only in the physical dimension of life but in the other eleven dimensions as well.
- A large amount of initial effort will get us moving, and a smaller amount of consistent effort will keep us moving.
The Pathway to Pushing Our Limits
- When you feel stuck, stagnant, or doubt your ability to succeed, practice 5 minutes of massive effort or 10 days of tenacity.
- Instead of focusing on achieving balance in life, focus on developing rhythms and routines.
- When you feel the temptation to do something dramatic and dangerous, channel that energy into doing something intensely healthy.
- Aim to lay your head on your pillow each night feeling exhausted and proud of a hard day’s work.
- Identify an area in life where you are coasting, and consider how to exert massive effort into this area.
Never Give Up
Sometimes the only way to get to the finish line is to simply decide to keep going. Kathy Wilhelm joins Dr. Michael Brown as they share stories about holding on to people, passions, and goals when obstacles arise.
Dream Decide Do
Whether it’s breaking an old habit or starting a new business, positive change requires perspective, purpose, and proactivity. This week, Dr. Michael Brown chats with his son, Justin Brown, about the three keys to accomplishing your goals.
Honor Your Commitments
Each and every one of us have made a promise that we couldn't keep. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Dan Costello offer their insights on how to do what we say we will do and how to honorably call it quits.