I can’t help but reflect on all of the things that I’m being reactive about instead of proactive about.Dr. Russell Catania
- If we don’t make a habit of doing hard things, we will experience even harder consequences of taking the easy way out.
- The path of least resistance, although initially comfortable, eventually leads to a place that is uncomfortable.
- Coasting is always backwards.
- Life becomes far less difficult when we acknowledge and accept that life is difficult.
- We cannot change the fact that life is hard, but we can always choose what makes it hard.
- Pain is not an adversary to resist but a friend to embrace.
- Proactive choices are more likely than reactive choices to lead to positive outcomes.
- Life may be hard, but it is often far simpler than we make it out to be.
- It is hard to be physically healthy, but it is harder to have poor health.
- It is hard to live on a budget, but it is harder to have insufficient funds.
- It is hard to wake up early, but it is harder not to have enough time.
- When faced with what feels like a monumental difficulty or decision, begin by identifying those small choices you can make right now.
- Evaluate yourself honestly by considering, “What choices yesterday contributed to my difficult circumstances today?”
- Identify one difficult choice today that would make life easier tomorrow.
- “Everything you want is on the other side of hard.” – Monty Williams
Keep It Simple
Life is not nearly as complex as we make it out to be. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Russell Catania rediscover the theme of this podcast: bite-sized choices.
Accept The Consequences
Feeling tired lately? Crippled by debt? Did you fail yet another test? This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Nick Gillispie reiterate the power of our choices when we find ourselves stuck, stale, or struggling.
Push Your Limits
We are capable of so much more than we could ever imagine, and our limits are much further away than we think. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and online health coach Ricky May share their thoughts on hard work and the effort required to achieve our full potential.