We have been craving this opportunity since we were in high school. And now that we’re here, we’re finding everything under the sun to complain about.Dr. Russell Catania
- We often complain about the very gifts we have spent our lives wishing for.
- It is easier to complain than it is to be grateful.
- No positive choice that we made yesterday guarantees positive circumstances today.
- Connection based on complaining is not real connection at all.
- We cannot choose our circumstances, but we can always choose our attitude.
- We are not entitled to a life that is pain free and trouble free, even though we often act like we are.
- Choose to “make it a great day” even when you feel like you are having a bad day.
- Complete the ‘21 Day Challenge’ and make a habit of a life without complaining.
- Contemplate the things that you are most grateful for in those moments when you are most tempted to complain.
Own Your Joy
Happiness comes and goes as our external circumstances ebb and flow, but joy can be present and cultivated even on those days where everything goes wrong. Join Dr. Michael Brown and Amy Seiffert as they describe what it looks like to choose to live a joyful life.
Shut Your Mouth
We could all benefit from the advice to stop talking so much. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Casey Greenawalt do their best not to interrupt each other in this conversation about the key to healthy communication.
See The Good
We often focus more on what we are against than on what we are for. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Dan Costello encourage us to see the good in a world that tends to emphasize the bad.