Seinfeld vowed at the beginning of his career – every day he will write one bit. Pretty soon, you’ll have a few good bits. And as you put those bits together, you have a segment. And if you put enough segments together, you have a show.Dr. Shawn Cramer
- The fear of failure leads us to reject some of our best ideas.
- Preoccupation with the opinions of others often stops creativity in its tracks.
- When others criticize what we create, it can feel as if they are challenging our worth as individuals.
- The fear of judgment often persists even when we are alone.
- Mind-numbing activities paralyze our creative muscles.
- There is a time and place to invite feedback, and there is a time and place to ignore it.
- Whatever we create can have meaning and make a difference, even if it is not the best of the best.
- We are worth so much more than what we produce.
- We can do difficult things even when we are uncertain, and we can do scary things even while we are still afraid.
- We don’t need to be artistic in order to be creative.
- The accumulation of creative efforts performed with great consistency will inevitably result in something amazing.
- If coasting is the enemy of creativity, then intentionality is its greatest ally.
- Create something that exists for your personal growth and enjoyment alone, and keep it entirely to yourself.
- Identify an area in your life where you would benefit from improvising, breaking the rules, or coloring outside the lines.
- Whatever it is that you dream to create in your lifetime, begin by taking one small step towards creating it today.
- Reinvest half of the time you spend consuming – TV, movies, music, or podcasts – into time you spend creating.
- Lead a monthly dreamers’ group based around these 3 questions: How has the dream developed? What have you done? What are you going to do?
Build Your Life
In order to become the best versions of ourselves, we must construct a solid foundation and then actually do the work. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Hammr CEO Brek Goin outline the many tools required to live a life of purpose and meaning.
Make Dreams Happen
A dream is a wish your heart makes… or is it? This week, Dr. Michael Brown and aspiring cardiologist Russell Catania reimagine the cliché phrases that hold us back and suggest adopting a new inspirational quote.
Write A Book
We have so much in our hearts and minds to offer the world, if only we will take a leap of faith by putting pen to paper. This week, aspiring author Dr. Michael Brown sits with writing coach Amy Seiffert for a helpful dialogue about legacy, proactivity, and the willingness to lean into imperfection.