I have a very, very active dream of being the cardiologist that is a far greater husband and father.Russell Catania
- The phrase “chase your dreams” implies that our dreams are running away from us and tricks us into believing that we are not in control of our own success.
- We will not wake up one day having become someone we have not been becoming.
- We tend to fantasize about our dreams more often than we fuel our dreams.
- We can never guarantee that our dreams are fulfilled, but we can always make choices that make the fulfillment of our dreams increasingly likely.
- We are all capable of accomplishing far more than our worst critic would lead us to believe.
- Pursuing our dreams is worthwhile even if they don’t play out exactly as we intend.
- Instead of waiting for that amazing opportunity to present itself to you, actually create that amazing opportunity for yourself.
- Ignore the advice of the dream-killers in your life.
- Next time you find yourself using the phrase “I hope” or “I wish,” identify a daily decision that would make the dream happen.
- Intentionally remove passive language from your vocabulary by replacing, for example, “Have a great day” with “Make it a great day.”
- When you realize that a dream is no longer attainable, consider what other dream you are closer to fulfilling as a result of pursuing the first dream.
Dream Decide Do
Whether it’s breaking an old habit or starting a new business, positive change requires perspective, purpose, and proactivity. This week, Dr. Michael Brown chats with his son, Justin Brown, about the three keys to accomplishing your goals.
Goals Are Dumb
When is the last time you’ve failed to accomplish a goal? Probably pretty recently. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Nick Gillispie encourage us to reframe the way we think about becoming the best versions of ourselves.
Date Your Spouse
Why do we so often allow the temporary to dictate our relationship with the permanent? This week, newlywed Russell Catania and thirty-years-wed Dr. Michael Brown offer their tips for developing and maintaining intimacy.