Episode #42 Dream Decide Do
Whether it’s breaking an old habit or starting a new business, positive change requires perspective, purpose, and proactivity. This week, Dr. Michael Brown chats with his son, Justin Brown, about the three keys to accomplishing your goals.
I have this vision in my mind of climbing trees with my grandkids when I’m 90 years old. And for that to be true, I have to actually make decisions and execute.Dr. Michael Brown
- The most difficult part of accomplishing each goal is the final step: Do.
- Often times our lives do not measure up to the expectations we set for ourselves because we fail to make the choices that will lead to change.
- If we do not regularly remind ourselves of our dreams, we will lose steam in making those dreams happen.
- We have the power to make healthy choices that we’ve previously decided to make even when we don’t feel like it in the moment.
- The more compelling the dream and the more specific the decision, the more likely we will be able to accomplish our goals in life.
- Sometimes dramatic choices and big goals are more attainable than incremental choices and little goals because they align more closely with our dreams.
- When you are feeling discouraged about the trajectory of your life, remind yourself, “I am not powerless.”
- Whatever it is that you decide, do it for 21 days to create a habit and 90 days to create a lifestyle.
- Whenever you relapse into negative choices today, rededicate yourself to making positive choices tomorrow.
In This Episode
Focus On Becoming
Life is far too short to live on accident. This week Dr. Michael Brown and his oldest son, Justin Brown, have an honest conversation about how to be intentional with the one life we are given.
Make Dreams Happen
A dream is a wish your heart makes… or is it? This week, Dr. Michael Brown and aspiring cardiologist Russell Catania reimagine the cliché phrases that hold us back and suggest adopting a new inspirational quote.
Push Your Limits
We are capable of so much more than we could ever imagine, and our limits are much further away than we think. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and online health coach Ricky May share their thoughts on hard work and the effort required to achieve our full potential.