I decided to take social media off my phone for a little while, and it feels really good. I don’t feel like I have to get on my phone and scroll every day and see what everyone else is doing.Casey Greenawalt
- We often want what others have without putting in the work required to receive what they have.
- Comparison is the thief of contentment.
- Comparison involves preoccupation with ourselves and impairs our ability to celebrate others.
- The three threats to becoming the best versions of ourselves are cynicism, complaining, and comparison.
- Comparison is rooted in jealousy, whereas comparing is rooted in the desire to make positive changes.
- When we begin to become someone we are not, this indicates we have fallen into the comparison trap.
- Invest your energy learning from those who possess the qualities you desire rather than investing your energy feeling upset with what you don’t have.
- Focus on becoming the best version of yourself rather than becoming more like someone else.
- Reinvest the time you spend on social media with positive choices that will create the changes you envy in others.
You Are Enough
Each and every one of us is of greater value than we can possibly imagine. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and the newest DMB coach Jenna Greenawalt offer countless reminders of just how much we are worth.
Creativity Takes Courage
There is something deep within every human being that compels us to create, but so few of us actually fulfill this desire. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and innovation lab leader Dr. Shawn Cramer identify the barriers to imaginative expression and introduce the practices required to overcome them.
Seek Out Mentors
On the path of life, those who have traveled ahead of us possess an immeasurable wealth of wisdom for the journey. Listen in this week as Amy Seiffert and Dr. Michael Brown talk about the life changing decisions each of them made to follow in the footsteps of an experienced guide.