We can expect that life – though amazing and beautiful and sacred – is a mixed bag of really happy moments and really sad moments.Dr. Michael Brown
- There is an ebb and flow to life that guarantees we will eventually go through hard times.
- When we fail to learn from our losses, we lose twice.
- Life is full of unexpected circumstances, and it rarely goes as planned.
- Every challenge has an end date, even if we don’t know what that date is.
- We can experience growth and transformation even on our darkest days, and we are often at our best when life gives us no choice but to rise to the challenge.
- We have survived every single one of the most difficult days of our lives.
- Although we cannot control everything that happens to us, we can always choose how we will respond to what happens to us.
- The constant awareness that our present realities are temporary can give us the strength to persevere through our very next step.
- “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.” – Marcus Aurelius
- Remind yourself when life gets tough, “I am going to make it through this.”
- On your darkest days, identify even a few things you can be grateful for, and keep hanging in there.
- Consider during your most joyful moments, “All of this is temporary” in order to help you remain fully present and to appreciate those moments more deeply.
Don’t Be Surprised
It’s an unavoidable reality that truly difficult things will happen to us. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Russell Catania discuss positive alternatives to ignoring or running away from our pain.
Never Give Up
Sometimes the only way to get to the finish line is to simply decide to keep going. Kathy Wilhelm joins Dr. Michael Brown as they share stories about holding on to people, passions, and goals when obstacles arise.
Believe In Miracles
Something powerful happens when we hold tightly to hope even while the odds seem stacked against us. This week, childhood cancer survivor and Division I athlete Jaedyn McKinstry joins Dr. Michael Brown in a poignant conversation about faith, healing, and persevering through difficult circumstances.