Episode #109 Break The Routine
Mondays don’t have to be mundane. This week, Dr. Michael Brown and Casey Greenawalt revisit a frequent Three Words topic with fresh eyes.
You need to have a routine in order to break it.Casey Greenawalt
- We often lose sight of the ‘Why’ that inspires the ‘What’ of our day-to-day lives.
- Even our greatest successes can feel monotonous when we merely do the same thing over and over again.
- Some of the routines we have cultivated for years may not be as helpful as they once were.
- Routines should not be rules, and we have the power to disrupt our schedules whenever we see fit.
- A single week of a new routine may be all that we need to reinvigorate our traditional life rhythms.
- Life is too short to go through the motions.
- Experiment with your schedule by asking yourself, “How can I switch this up?”
- Schedule periods of margin into your week in order to accommodate unexpected opportunities and interruptions.
- Identify one scary change of routine that would take you one step closer toward achieving your most important goals.
In This Episode
Shake Things Up
May 18, 2020
Routine and ritual are healthy rhythms of a productive life, but sometimes a change of pace and an unexpected twist are exactly what we need. This week Dr. Michael Brown and Justin Brown highlight the importance of taking risks, trying new things, and even breaking your own rules.
Establish A Routine
February 24, 2020
If asked for a list of exciting words, few of us are likely to include the word routine. Listen in this week as Casey Greenawalt and Dr. Michael Brown unpack a counterintuitive secret to avoiding a mundane existence: creating everyday rhythms and rituals can actually make our days anything but ordinary.